Table of Contents
What is Advertising?
Advertising is a means of distribution in which various organizations, companies, individuals, NGOs, etc.
They try to make themselves known, advertise, or refer to certain goods and services to interest potential buyers, users, etc.
What are the Concepts of Advertising?
Within marketing, advertising considers the most effective means to attract the attention of the required public. To transmit out this function, advertisers and agencies specialized in the subject are hired.
These aim to make an advertisement that will then publish in various media through pamphlets, radio, television, etc. Now, one of the most used media is the Internet.
Phases or Stages of Advertising
Within the advertising world, three phases can highlight:
1. Promotion Phase
- Also known under the initial stage, here an attempt is made to expose the new goods or services produced.
2. Competition Phase
- At this time, the product promotes its position in the market. But not in the wanted place, which is why it is trying to increase its demand.
3. Image Preservation Phase
- The good or service obtained the request that the bidders desire. That is why they launch campaigns to uphold the image that it previously enjoys.
- Also, when the advertising campaigns have already launched, an investigation stage begins.
- The objective is to know the efficiency of the advertising.
- Some of the reasons are to see the public’s acceptance or rejection if the message reaches the desired public and finally.
- If the advertising costs, which are typically high, are salaried by the profits found thanks to them.
What are the Techniques of Advertising?
- Many times campaigns create whose production stock is limited. Various capitals and techniques are used in advertising to entice potential users or buyers.
- Some of the real techniques are, for example, scarcity. In this case, they make campaigns whose production stock limit. It is in this way that they make a particular urgency of purchase.
- Peer approval also uses, where satisfied characters show with whom potential applicants can feel reflected and identified.
- Other times the product is advertised founded on clear and straightforward information. However, other times scientific resources use. They demonstrate the satisfaction of buyers or the good results obtained from specific figures.
- Often slogans can be identified where the guarantee is essential. That is to say. The positive grades will last for years. Or if the customer is not satisfied, their money can return.
- On certain occasions, specific fears of potential users or buyers exploit to promote demand for them. Advertising is a resource widely used in insurance.
What are the Characteristics of Advertising?
Now let’s talk a little about three advertising characteristics that make it so valuable—Language, logistics, and universality.
Language: because it creates advertisements and transmits messages.
Logistics: because it manages distribution, media, and spaces.
Universality: because it always aims to reach all members of a pre-established group.
History of Advertising
- Without the technology we have today, the only tool to promote a product or service was the salesperson’s lip. But, a lot happened from voice to voice to today’s mobile ads.
- The first great transformation for advertising was the invention of Gutenberg in the 15th century. The mechanical press allowed the reproduction of texts and manuscripts and gave rise to one of the leading media vehicles: the press.
- In 1625, the English newspaper Mercurius Britannicus published the first advertisement.
- The advertising still did not have the compelling character that it later became since the objective was only to present the product or service.
- Already in the Industrial Age, advertising assumed an important role: to encourage the consumption of mass-produced goods in urban centres. With that, the market became professional.
- In 1841, Volney Palmet, who would negotiate spaces between newspapers and companies, created the first advertising agency in Philadelphia (USA).
- First time in the years of the 20th century, the automobile industry was an excellent boost for advertising. Henry Ford said: “Stop investing in advertising to save money is like clockwork to save time.”
- In the decades that followed, radio and magazines fueled the advertising industry, but television revolutionized it.
- In 1941, the first TV commercial for the Bulova watched brand aired at the cost of $ 9. You can see it in the link in this paragraph.
- Another ad resolution emerged in more recent decades: the global computer network, better known as the Internet.
- The dissemination spaces in search engines, portals, blogs, emails, and social networks represent a new and ample opportunity for advertisers.
- However, advertising a challenge by these new media, which challenges the traditional agency ad model.
How did Advertising Agency work?
Advertising mainly involves three types of companies: agencies, advertisers, and vehicles. A publicist can work in any of them, exercising different functions, but in advertising agencies, a large part of these concentrates.
It works in a relaxed environment, full of creativity and brainstorming, with the most awarded names on the market. It is part of the imagination of professionals in the area.
But in real life, glamour is put aside: there is a lot of work going on. And a lot of people spending the whole night until dawn to deliver jobs.
An advertising agency is responsible for developing the advertising campaigns of its clients. For this, various sectors interact to discuss ideas and carry out tasks. In a traditional agency, these are the main areas involved:
1. Attention or Account Executive
- It all starts with advertising attention. The professional in this area is responsible for being the bridge between the agency and the client.
- He is the one who takes the brief with the advertiser, organizes the information, and passes it on to the internal team.
- Then, he accompanies the agency’s production and seeks approval with the client, making the necessary contacts in that process.
- By dealing directly with the client, that professional is key to the success of the agency. To work in that area, you need to have many waistlines to deal with client collections and agency limits.
- After taking the information with the client, the Account Executive sends the demand to the Planning department. The brief refines with information from searches on the customer’s market and consumer behaviour in this area.
- This information underpins Planning’s strategy, which develops the campaign’s concept, suggests the pieces, and indicates the schedule.
- In this area, the professional needs to be extremely strategic, with a vision that encompasses the client’s business. But you also need to have a creative observation to develop the original concept and inspire creative professionals.
- With the brief ready, the campaign begins to take shape. Now, the writing transforms the movement concept into texts, scripts, calls, and titles. Many times, this work does in a creative duo, which we will see below.
- The copywriter needs to be an expert in persuasive writing. Its objective is to direct the audience’s thinking to a specific purpose in an attractive way.
- For that, there are several copywriting resources, such as using metaphors and double meaning phrases. It is creating a sense of urgency, arousing curiosity, or telling a story that involves.
- If you are interested in Copywriting techniques, download this free e-book to read later!
- Finally, in advertising creation, the campaign comes to life. In the art director’s hands, the concept transforms into photos, videos, designs, and illustrations for the advertising pieces.
- In association with the editor, the art director defines the best images for attractive pieces. It generates identification, and that convey the client’s message.
- Generally, the art director expects to work his magic. However, creativity must be present in all agency areas to find an original solution for the client. For that, everyone should seek references and inspiration.
- The Media professional knows, like no one else, media vehicles. For this reason, it is present at various stages of the campaign.
- In planning, it helps to select the best vehicles according to the target audience’s profile. And the client’s budget, seeking the best cost-benefit.
- At creation time, indicate the dimensions and orientations for each media format.
- After the creation is complete, he is also responsible for negotiating the values with the campaign vehicles.
- It is this negotiation that, in many cases, defines the remuneration of the agency. It dedicates 20% of the advertiser’s value in the media – the so-called BV / Vehicle Bonus) or Agency Commission.
- Other areas may or may not exist, depending on the advertising agency’s size and organization. Learn about some of them and their responsibilities:
Research: Nurture Planning with data about the client, market, and consumer.
Production: It produces photos, videos, and audios for the Creation area.
Traffic: Organize internal demands and guarantee deliveries from each area.
It is common for Research to carry out in small agencies by Planning, Production outsource, and Account Executives to organize traffic.
But, if the agency is large, it may have one or more professionals specialized in each area, centralizing all the agency’s services.
Sites of Advertising
Do you want to continue accompanying the world of advertising? Then check out this list of sites that you must-have among your favourites to stay updated:
Adnews: Brings the latest news about the advertising market.
Ads of the World: Large collection of advertisements from around the world.
Ad Age: International news portal on marketing and advertising.
Adweek: It uses another major marketing and advertising news portal.
Although it suffers a lot of criticism, advertising plays a vital role in bringing information and entertainment.
If advertisers manage to mark our memory, they mess with our emotions as we remember them in this post. However, changes in technology and consumer behaviour put traditional models in check.
For this reason, the advertising market is on the couch: advertising needs to reinvent itself to become relevant again.
In the end, did you like learning about advertising? Then you will surely enjoy our complete guide to this universe, which you can download for FREE below. Do not miss it!
Advertising is the set of plans with which a company makes its products known to society. Its primary tool is the media.
These are so diverse and have so much expansion and impact on the general public that they are fundamental for commerce.
If a product not publicizes, people will hardly know it and refer to it as good quality compared to its name.
- READ MORE:- healthiestime
AnimeSuge – Watch Anime Online For Free & Know All About It
AnimeSuge is a free anime streaming website where you can watch anime online in English with subtitles and dubbing. Therefore, …
Composite Rate – What it is, How it Works – 2023
What is a Composite Rate? A composite rate is one insurance rate functional across the board, rather than calculating a…