Samsung AC full Review – Key Technologies, Pros, Cons, and More
Samsung AC is cost-wise cheaper yet have lots of the latest features. Quality-wise, this is average when compared to other brands like BlueStar and Godrej.
I have a Bluestar AC. Even after 6years of its purchase, it performs far better than the new Samsung AC in cooling, sound and other parameters.
Key Technologies of Samsung AC
1. Wind free Triangular Design
- In 2018 Samsung release the premium range AC with the revolutionary wind-free triangular design. These new high-end Samsung ACs discerningly design from the crushed up to be very efficient.
- Moving on from the normal rectangular AC design, this new AC comes with a unique triangular design with a wider inlet to attract more air inside. Apart from a wide bay, AC also comes with larger v-blades and a bigger fan.
- This renovated AC project ensures that the air is cooled faster, expelled quicker, attainment the farthest part of the room expeditiously.
- Complimenting the three-sided design, new premium ACs come with wind-free cooling technology that delivers the desired temperature by eliminating the direct airflow.
- It achieves this by bringing air through an alternate preparation of 21,000 micro holes on the unit’s front panel instead of the usual direct air flow blades. When the louvre is closed, they disperse a gentle flowing air, more aptly defined as “still air”.
2. Smart Control and Smart Installation
- With the ubiquity of the net and the rise of IoT, smart functionality (or wireless connectivity) is becoming more of a need than a luxury.
- The new ACs, especially the high-end ones, originate with Samsung’s Smart Home app to switch the AC using smartphones.
- Gladly, the Smart Home app allows the user to regulate their AC and control all the compatible Samsung appliances, that too from anywhere.
- Talking about AC exact controls, this dedicated app also allows the user to monitor their power usage, fan speed, and louvre swing.
- In addition to Smart Control, new Samsung ACs also come with a Smart Installation feature that performs self-diagnosis. Ensuring peace of attention for the user. It mechanically checks for connection faults which can cause malfunctioning later in the smooth operation of the AC.
- Installation faults comprise checking the integrity of air pipe, refrigerant flow and communication incongruity between indoor and outdoor unit.
- Just at a press of a switch, both the IDU and ODU performs a self-check and reverts a connection error, if any.
- Thus, Smart Home lets smart control of the AC while Smart Installation ensures fault-free installation with troubleshooting options.
3. First, it Cools You Fast. Then it Comforts You Long
- New Samsung AC armour with Fast Cooling mode runs the compressor at the maximum level, with the fastest fan speed for up to 30 minutes.
- While doing so brings down the room temperature quickly, converting the living interplanetary into a cool haven.
- After quickly cooling the room within 30 minutes, AC automatically switches to Comfort mode to maintain the wanted temperature without increasing the temperature.
- This means users won’t feel intolerably cold when they turn on the Fast Cooling mode once the room is optimally cooled. Also, it removes the hassle of changing the settings to regulate the temperature.
4. Dehumidification Mode to Remove Humidity
- The summer season makes the AC overwork, and with the monsoon to follow, ordinary ACs could fail to control the humidity or even result in water leakage.
- During the rainy season, conventional air conditioners consume more energy. And make the room uncomfortably cold, leading to health ailment like a sneeze, common cold, or even headache.
- Samsung being an experienced brand, note this problem specific to the subcontinent’s weather.
- As an answer to it, Samsung ACs come with Dehumidification mode. On enabling this style, the refrigerant cycle expedites to extract humidity from the room rapidly.
- Thus, Samsung’s new air conditioner eliminates excess moisture from the room so that the humidity vanishes.
5. Full HD Filter with Auto-Clean Functionality
- New Samsung AC comes with a Full HD filter with an improved filter design capable of decimating even the smallest microscopic impurities to prevent the user from the scourges of polluted air.
- With a better density, this filter creates dust-free air circulation. The filter comes with an anti-bacterial covering to kill the occupant bacteria. Another good object is that it doesn’t wear out even when pending in contact with the corrosive rudiments.
- To complement the Full HD filter, there is the Virus Doctor feature. Virus Doctor eliminates dangerous airborne contaminants and worms, including Influenza A, subtype H1N1, and Coronaviruses.
- We discussed the topographies and importance of filters used in the Samsung ACs. But one significant thing on the part of the user is that AC’s filter needs to be cleaned regularly; otherwise, cooling capacity would reduce.
- According to the studies, an AC that runs daily for six months without cleaning and maintaining its cooling volume can diminish by up to 50%.
- In the fast-paced world, we often overlook cleaning and uphold our AC at regular intervals.
- But thanks to the Auto Clean functionality of Samsung AC that runs automatically when the AC is turned off (provided the user has enabled Auto Clean mode).
- Upon activation, the fan runs to eliminate the dust and moisture from the heat exchanger.
- This way, it breaks clean and dry, deterring the ubiety of bacteria and mildew. Moreover, unlike the conservative filters that are often difficult to access, the Samsung AC’s filter is located outside, on the top.
- Suppose there is an obligation to clean the AC manually. In that case, the filter can easily take out, cleaned and put back—without getting into the hassles of opening the cover or pulling hard to remove the filter.
6. Single User Mode and Biosleep Mode
- Cooling capacity is dependent on some factors, and one of them is the number of people inside the room. The more the number of people, the more the AC needs to keep the room clean.
- So, there are areas when you are completely alone in the air-conditioned room. And start to feel cold even if the fever is set to a higher value. Being unaccompanied with the Samsung AC brings a chance to save electricity, thanks to its Single User mode.
- So, whenever the user enables this mode, Samsung ACs changes their capacity, making the inverter operate at a lower frequency. Thereby saving a good amount of energy. Samsung believes this mode would let the user save around 26% of energy.
- Like Single User mode, there is another promising mode called Biosleep mode designed to give users comfortable sleep at night. This model ensures that the most comfortable environmental temperature maintains for a good night’s sleep which achieves in 3 stages:
- Falling asleep stage: Comforts the user into sleep by plummeting the temperature;
- Sound sleep stage: Relaxes the body and increases the room temperature slightly;
- Wake up stage: This allows the user to wake up with comfortable intermittent air sprinkled with freshness.
- Thus, Biosleep mode, through its smart infection control, keeps the user comfortable, assist them to sleep faster, ensure continuous deep sleep, and finally wake them fully refreshed.
7. Stabilizer-free Operation
- Power cuts and load shedding is ordinary in India, especially in distant towns and villages. AC being a big electrical appliance, are susceptible to vagaries of the supplied electricity.
- Power cuts generally poise the problem of voltage fluctuation, which can damage the air conditioner.
- Modern Samsung ACs are accomplished of tackling this problem, thanks to their stabilizer-free operation. The in-built stabilizer defends the AC from sudden voltage surge or drop.
- The preservative will cut off the electric input on detection voltage surge/drop beyond the endurable range and auto-start the AC once voltage comes in the normal operating range.
- Though the voltage preservative range varies from model to model, premium models like AR24MV3HETS come with a wide protection range—80V to 450V.
Pros and Cons of Samsung AC
One of the landscapes we liked most about Samsung AC is their design. The high-end models boast a refined crystal gloss finish with an exclusively curved design that exudes the best royal look.
Beyond the aesthetics, presentation and utility of wind-free triangular design are remarkable. Other builders would look to rival it in their future AC offering.
Warranty of the AC from reputed institutes like Intertek and AHRI further enhances the Samsung AC’s credibility. Not to forget that few best models have also passed the difficult SWAAT test. Their stabilizer-free operating choice of 80-450V is the best in the AC business.
The shortage of copper condenser is somewhat we didn’t like about Samsung. Also, they only proposal split AC, so those who are looking for windows AC from Samsung would be left disappointed. Despite providing an impeccable Full HD filter with an auto cleaning option, the absence of a PM 2.5/PM 1 filter again disappointed us.
Ended the last few years, Samsung has been a struggling brand due to the rise of Indian makes like Voltas, Blue Star, and Godrej. They needed something revolutionary, and it appears the R&D team of Samsung toil hard for this purpose.
The result is a wind-free triangular design with an 8-pole inverter, which can shift the tides favouring Samsung. If it delivers the best performance expected of its pathbreaking design.
The easily detachable Full HD filter safeguards the tiniest microscopic impurities remove, giving fresh, clean, and odour-free air. Single user, Biosleep and Dehumidification mode lets the user enjoy contented moisture-free cooling with minimal power consumption.
If you are a Samsung fan but a little jittery to buy a Samsung AC on account of its “not-so-good” brand image in the AC sector. This could be the right time to buy Samsung AC, especially the models coming with a wind-free triangular design for unobtrusive cooling.
Hiring the qualified staffing agencies
An important decision in the workplace is to hire the best company full-time. Good employment can increase productivity and trade,…