Technology is the set of scientific notions and knowledge that humans use to achieve a precise objective, which can be the solution to a specific problem of the individual or the satisfaction of any of their needs.
More Content by Concept of Technology
It is a broad concept that encompasses various aspects and disciplines within electronics, art, or medicine—for example, The creation of robots for the automation of repetitive tasks or animal cloning.
Different Types of Technology
Technology can classify in different ways depending on the characteristics take into account.
1. Hard Technologies
- They use elements of the hard sciences such as engineering, mechanics, mathematics, physics, chemistry.
- And also, the obtained product is visible and tangible. It is the production of material goods—for example, the development of a mobile device.
2. Soft Technologies
- They base on the humanistic or soft sciences, such as sociology, psychology, economics. And also, in general, they are used to improve processes and achieve greater efficiency in institutions or companies.
- And also, the product obtained is neither visible nor tangible since it consists of developing services, strategies, and theories, such as software development.
3. Flexible Technologies
- They use in different areas. That is, they have several uses. For example, the microchip that uses in telephones and computers.
4. Fixed Technologies
- They use for the production of a particular product or a specific area. And also, these are technologies designed and produced for a single purpose.
- For example, the poison for rats is used only for the elimination of said animal.
5. Cutting Edge Technologies
- And also called “high technologies” or “latest technology,” they are more advanced technologies available in a particular place and time.
6. Appropriate Technologies
- They are technologies that design, considering the environmental, social, and economic impact in a given society.
7. Operating Technologies
- They obtain after a long time of study, observation, and experience.
8. Computer Technologies
- And also, the manufacturers of a particular product develop them.
9. Product Technologies
- They combine utensils and knowledge to produce a particular product.
Origin and Evolution of Technology
1. Technology Fire History Prehistory
- The discovery of the use of fire was one of the first technological advances.
- Instinctively, from the beginning of history, people sought to develop technology ( techniques to improve their quality of life ).
- And also, the discoveries that man has made over the years have shaped the world as it knows today. Therefore, technology has existed since the beginning of the species, although it has not to call until the 18th century.
- And also, formally speaking, technology has its origin when technique (initially empirical) began to link with science, and in this way, the production methods structure.
- Throughout the different periods of humanity, discoveries have modified how the human being relates to himself and the environment surrounding him.
2. Stone Age ( Paleolithic, Mesolithic, and Neolithic)
- It characterizes by using stone for manufacturing utensils and agriculture with rudimentary tools for land management.
- And also, the discovery of fire was one of the first technologies that brought significant benefits to humans.
3. Metal Age
- It characterizes by the development of agriculture, animal domestication, and the transition from nomadism to sedentarism. And also, the smelting of copper, bronze, and iron develop.
- The Egyptian civilization credit with papyrus and pottery; the Romans developed sophisticated agriculture, improved the technology of working with iron, and developed civil and military engineering.
- And also, Chinese civilization credit with discovering paper, the iron plow, the compass, the propeller, the crossbow, and gunpowder.
4. Middle Ages
- And also, the emergence of the current printing press was one of the essential milestones within this period.
5. Industrial Revolution
- It was a period of social, economic, technological, and cultural transformations characterized by developing an urban and industrialized economy.
- One of the most prominent inventions of this time was the steam engine.
- And also, during the 19th century, the telegraph, the light bulb, the telephone, and the automobile emerged.
6. Twentieth Century
- There was a tremendous technological development with discoveries such as the plane, radio, television, the computer, and significant advances in nuclear technology, technology applied to medicine, and space technology.
- And also, there was the Information and Telecommunication Revolution or the Information Age (1985-2000).
7. XXI Century
- Technological progress (also called the scientific-technological revolution or intelligence revolution) evolved rapidly. And also, technology and communications transform the industry.
- And also, new technologies are those that emerge after the Second World War.
- Its rapid growth and insertion in society brought essential consequences. And also, the risk fundamentally gives that the human being can control and dominate them.
Importance of Technology
- Technology has allowed us to access more significant territories in the world.
- The discoveries and the appearance of new tools produced through technology were vital to human and societal development. Technology brings excellent discoveries that make it possible to improve production, save time, increase the quality of life, facilitate life in society, shorten distances, get to know the planet.
- And also, technology emerged as a need for man to meet individual and collective wishes using scientific knowledge and techniques to solve problems and satisfy their needs.
- It has allowed the human being to know the environment surrounding him in-depth and modify it to achieve his ends.
- And also, through the centuries, man invented and changed tools to improve his lifestyle.
- And also, technology has brought discoveries in medicine, advances in access to information, communication and transportation, and simplifying tasks.
Features of Technology
- It is present in all personal and social areas, such as work, education, medicine, and communication.
- It allows the manufacture of new objects: through it, the human being modifies the environment surrounding him.
- And also, it is responsible for most of man’s discoveries.
- If used properly, it improves the quality of life of the human being. And also, if it uses badly, it can cause severe damage to individuals and society.
- It is subject to change (technological changes occur discontinuously).
- Its developments involve cultural, labor, and social changes.
- And also, uneven technological development can generate social and economic gaps within a community or between regions or nations.
Examples of Technology
3D printers create three-dimensional objects by overlaying layers of materials.
- It uses tools and knowledge from various disciplines (electronic engineering, electrical engineering, computer science ) to design and manufacture robots.
- And also, these robots expect to perform automated tasks and jobs that are routine and tedious for humans or lower production costs in industries.
- They are a digital currency type that uses distributed ledger technology (allows you to record and synchronize transactions between multiple users in different locations).
3. 3D Print
- It is a type of addition printing that efficiently creates unique parts and complex geometries on a wide variety of materials.
- Through 3D printing, a three-dimensional object is created by superimposing the layers of materials and its use in many industries for different services.
4. Artificial Intelligence
- It involves the creation of machines that mimic the cognitive functions of human beings.
- This technology uses various disciplines such as economics, medicine, transportation, video game software, systems control, handwriting recognition, speech recognition, and pattern recognition in online assistants.
5. Autonomous Vehicles
- The technology is used to create driverless cars that are programmed to mimic human driving and control capabilities.
- This type of vehicle perceives the environment through laser systems, radars, computerized vision.
- And also, several programs are testing this new technology to see if it can use extensively.
- It is the discipline that uses technology to create products from biological systems and living organisms.
- And also, biotechnology has been responsible for developing vaccines and antibodies and is used in medicine, agriculture, industry, and care of the environment.
Technology, the application of scientific knowledge to the practical aims of human life or, as it is sometimes phrased, changes and manipulates the human environment.
Hiring the qualified staffing agencies
An important decision in the workplace is to hire the best company full-time. Good employment can increase productivity and trade,…