Table of Contents
The Internet is a network of computers that are interconnected worldwide to share information. It is a network of computing equipment related to each other through the use of a universal language.
The Internet concept has its roots in the English language and comprises the word inter (between ) and net (from the network, electronic network ).
It is a term that should always be capitalized since it refers to “The Network” (which connects computers worldwide through the TCP / IP protocol) and without an accompanying article (the / her) to refer to it. There are different types of Internet connection: different means by which one can obtain the link to networks.
The first of them was the dial-up connection, that is, taking the connectivity of a telephone line through a cable. Other more modern types emerged, such as ADSL, fibre optics, 3G, and 4G (LTE) connectivity for mobile devices.
To access the trillions of websites available on the vast network of networks, we know as the Internet, the used web browsers ( software ), some of the most used Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari all developed by different technology companies.
There are different types of internet connectiondifferent types of internet connection that helps people around the world to stay connected.
How did the Internet Come about?
- In 1989 a proposal made to use computers and links to create a network.
- It is said that the origin of the Internet is due to a military project developed by ARPANET (Advanced Research Projects Agency Networks), a computer network of the United States Ministry of Defense that sought to create a computer network.
- It would unite the defence research centres in case of attacks to maintain contact remotely and not interrupt their operation, although some of their nodes destroy.
- In any case, the initial purpose was to find other uses for the computer and be a calculator.
- In 1989, a first proposal made to use computers and links to create a network, later known as WWW (World Wide Web), which refers to a set of rules that allows hypertext files’ consultation (HTTP).
- Sir Timothy Berners-Lee, a British engineer, made the initial proposal for WWW in that year and later, through the implementation of HTTP, he achieved the first successful communication.
Types of Internet Connections
As the Internet is a network, it can access through various channels.
1. Telephone lines
- You can use a telephone line that subdivides into conventional telephone lines.
- It transmits signals in an analogue way, but currently, they were displaced by others that offer greater benefits) or digital (through a network adapter, the resulting frames are translated from the computer to digital signals).
2. Cable (fibre optic )
- Likewise, it can be a cable connection (which implements light signals instead of electrical signals that encode a greater amount of information.
- In turn, said cable made of optical fibre that allows it to transmit data between nodes).
- There is also a satellite connection (normally, we are talking about a hybrid satellite and telephone connection system to reduce the congestion present in terrestrial networks).
4. Wireless networks
- In turn, we can implement wireless networks (which replace cables with infrared light signals or radio waves to transmit information).
- In short, within wireless networks, another method used is LMDS (which is an acronym that stands for Local Multipoint Distribution System and consists of using high-frequency radio waves).
5. Power lines
- We use PLC (conjunction of three words: Power Line Communications ) to talk about power lines. Finally, we can use mobile telephony (which refers to cell phone communications to access the Internet).
Internet Services and Uses
- The Internet allows us to communicate with family or friends over long distances.
- The Internet opens the doors to thousands and thousands of different services, among them, it will allow us to:
- Search for any information you need (for example, on Google )
- Buy products of various kinds (for instance, on Amazon or Mercado Libre).
- Communicate with family or friends in other countries or cities through a video call (for example, Skype or WhatsApp).
- Play online games (like League of Legends) with people of different nationalities and ages in real-time.
- Of course, a word that summarizes all these qualities that the Internet possesses can connect or relate.
- The Internet can connect people in different parts of the world and with varying interests to each other.
Web Browsers of Internet
Safari, created by Apple, is one of the fastest web browsers.
- Belonging to the giant Google and created in 2008; It is one of the fastest and safest services today.
- It is one of the best quality navigation programs today, which also offers its download free.
2. Internet Explorer
- It an older service, already discontinue, but it was the market leader at the time. Its creation dated from approximately 1995 and launched on the market by the leading company Microsoft.
- It was the most used during its first decade of existence, presenting the greatest modernity, but today it has become one of the slowest despite its updates, the reason for which it has lost a lot of users.
3. Mozilla Firefox
- It present as the Mozilla company’s alternative, which caused a furore in its inclusion in the market given the existing compatibility with both Apple and Microsoft operating systems.
- Also, it is a fast service since it uses little memory (fewer hardware requirements ) when performing each search. But it presents the best security offered on the market so far.
- Apple created it. Perhaps one of the fastest, absolutely compatible with this brand’s operating system, while the version compatible with Microsoft no longer receives updates.
- Therefore, the same performance does not obtain either.
Integrating Video Monitoring with Access Control Systems for Comprehensive Security
In the rapidly advancing world, the importance of comprehensive security systems is paramount. Not only are these systems critical in…
Why You Should Work with an SEO Agency?
In today’s digital landscape, it’s no secret that a strong online presence is vital for the success of any business….